Come along to the Craft House to learn the art of chocolate tempering with Nettie, our Master Chocolatier.
What you will learn:
- How to temper chocolate in small batches using several techniques, including tempering on marble slab and by seeding method
- The different types of chocolates and where to get the best chocolate to work with.
- Learn how to 'rescue' your chocolate when things go wrong
- Use the tempered chocolate to create chocolate treats - such as bars, solid chocolate figures, lollipops or mendiants.
- You will receive notes from the class so you can replicate tempering at home
After you have made your treats, you will package up your creations to take home.
Refreshments will be provided on the day.
Before booking please inform us of any allergies that you may have.
Please note that we may have to cancel the class if we have low numbers. We will inform you in plenty of time and give you the opportunity to book onto another date.
OUR COVID-19 STRATEGY
As we are trying to get back to some degree of normality following the Covid-19 Pandemic I want to
re-assure you that we will be complying with all the government legislation and guidelines during your visit to us. We will do this in the most practicable and sympathetic way possible to both mitigate /minimise the risk, to make the class as comfortable and enjoyable as possible for you.
We will ask all attendees to complete a ‘Health Declaration’ document about their health on arriving for the class. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the course.
Once in the premises you will be asked to wash your hands for the at least 20 seconds and continue doing so at appropriate times.
We ask you to provide suitable social distancing measures where possible with a face protection mask or shield for the entire duration of your time at Craft House Chocolate, uless restrictions have been lifted.
All equipment, workstations and general premises will be sanitised prior to your arrival.
Each person will have their own separate station unless you are a couple or family taking the class together.
There will be no shared ingredients or passing of equipment between attendees.